8502 Pleasure Court
New Tripoli, PA 18066
Village of Jackson / Lynn Township
This 540 acre park is owned in part by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and in part by Lehigh County.
It is named after Frederick Leaser, an American patriot who transported the Liberty Bell from Philadelphia to Allentown in 1777 for protection during the Revolutionary War. His home was in the area that is currently Lynn Township.
Leaser Lake was built by the PA Fish and Boat Commission for water-oriented recreation and opened for public use in 1971. Lehigh County leases this area from the state and operates and maintains the park. The land north of the lake was purchased by the county in the early 1970s. It is entirely wooded and is used for nature study and as an addition to the State Game Lands No. 217.
The 117-acre lake provides fishing from boats or shore. Sailboats up to 17 feet and small electric motors are permitted. Swimming and bathing are prohibited. A 4 mile trail around the lake provides beautiful views and nature study, as well as seasonal hiking and cross country skiing opportunities.
Activity centers are located on the east, west and north sides of the lake. Each area has a parking lot. The north and east side parking lots have boat launch ramps. All three areas have rest rooms, picnic tables and benches. The north end is the main picnic area and has over 50 tables, most of which are shaded by trees.
The Leaser Lake Heritage Foundation
is a valued partner in improving the recreational opportunities in the park and preserving the surrounding natural environment