1. How do I access services through Lehigh County Department of Human Services? ¿Cómo accedo a los servicios a través del Departamento de Servicios Humanos en el condado de Lehigh?
2. How do I report Elder Abuse? ¿Cómo denuncio el abuso de ancianos?
3. Do you need legal advice? ¿Necesita asesoría legal?
4. Questions about Medicare and Medicaid ¿Tiene preguntas sobre Medicare o Medicaid?
5. Help for a Caregiver
6. Where do I go for activities and socialization? ¿Dónde voy para actividades y socialización?
7. What do I do if I need a ride to my appointments? Necesito transporte a mis citas
8. What is the difference between a nursing home and personal care home? ¿Cuál es la diferencia entre un centro de cuidado de enfermería y un hogar de cuidado personal?
9. I need help filling out my Property Tax or Rent Rebate Form NECESITO AYUDA PARA LLENAR MI FORMULARIO DE REEMBOLSO DEL IMPUESTO SOBRE LA PROPIEDAD O DEL ALQUILER
10. How do I get my Farmers Market Vouchers? ¿Cómo obtengo mis cupones del Mercado de Agricultores?
11. Are you behind in your rent? ¿Está atrasado en su alquiler?
12. My mom needs to be in a nursing home. Do I have other choices? Mi mamá necesita estar en un centro de cuidado de enfermería/asilo de ancianos. ¿Tengo otras opciones?
Aging and Adult Services
Government Center, Room: 230
17 South Seventh Street
Allentown Pennsylvania 18101
The Lehigh County Office of Aging and Adult Services is committed to supporting and empowering the well being of all adults of all ages, residing in Lehigh County. The office advocates for Lehigh County residents and provides a wide range of services and information to help adults to be well informed. Information and assistance is provided to enable individuals to remain active, healthy, productive and independent in their community.
Take a look at the Office of Aging & Adult Services...
Lehigh County Aging and Adult Services has a wide variety of programs and services available. Information and Assistance is available to answer questions about specific programs and services. Assistance with benefit applications such as PACE, Property Tax/Rent Rebate, and other applications are also available. Information and listings of Subsidized Apartment buildings, Home Health Care Agencies, Personal Care Homes, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Adult Day Care Centers, home delivered meals, and health insurance counseling are also available.
For additional information and eligibility requirements of the programs and services available through the Lehigh County Office of Aging and Adult Services, you may contact the Lehigh County Information and Referral Unit at (610) 782-3200 or email our agency at email@example.com.
Make Your Voice Heard!The Lehigh County Office of Aging and Adult Services will host listening sessions on the Pennsylvania’s Master Plan for Older Adults – a 10-year, state-led and stakeholder-driven strategic plan designed to help transform the infrastructure and coordination of services for older Pennsylvanians. The master plan will also reflect the needs and preferences of this population to live where they choose and access the supports they need to thrive and age in place. Stakeholders, older adults and people living with disabilities, their families, caregivers and community leaders are invited to hear an overview of the plan and why such a plan is needed for Pennsylvania. There will be opportunities for those in attendance to provide comments and input on the plan.. Individuals who are unable to attend can still provide input on the plan. They can email AgingPlan@pa.gov, provide feedback through an online form , or mail the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, c/o Master Plan, 555 Walnut Street, 5 th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 1710. Learn more about the listening sessions. In Spanish.
Benefits of Pennsylvania LotteryDuring the 2021-22 Fiscal Year, the Pennsylvania Lottery generated a profit of nearly $1.2 billion to benefit older Pennsylvanians through a variety of programs and services. Click here to view the benefits of the lottery in each County for Older Pennsylvanians.
Online Caregiving ToolLehigh County Aging and Adult Services is working with Trualta to provide online tools and resources to caregivers in Lehigh County. Trualta is a FREE online platform designated to help families build skills to manage care at home for their aging loved ones. Once you are registered, you have unlimited access to articles and tips about caregiving.