3600 Haines Mill Road
Allentown, PA 18104
South Whitehall Township
This 37.5 acre park runs along the Cedar Creek is a great place for passive recreation. The park offers easy accessibility to the creek, making good for trout fishing. There are also picnic tables along the creek for picnics in a quiet setting. An area on the south side of the creek contains a youth soccer field and soccer field / cricket pitch.
There are also picnic tables and benches near the mill raceway. A gazebo near the mill can be reserved for small gatherings and events.
East of Chestnut Street is The Tree of Life Memorial Grove and Survivors’ Gazebo. This area is set aside for the Crime Victims Council as a memorial to those killed through violent acts. It contains trees planted as memorials to victims of violent crime and is an area for peaceful reflection.
Haines Mill Museum
Haines Mill, an example of the Lehigh Valley’s agricultural heritage, is at the west end of the park. It is a grist mill that dates back to the US colonial times. The mill uses water power to grind crop grains into flour. The original mill was built around 1760. The mill was reconstructed in 1909 after a fire gutted the interior of the building and operated until 1956.
Lehigh County purchased the mill in 1972 for preservation. Two years later, it opened as a museum. In 1981, Haines Mill was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.
The mill is open for free public tours from 1 to 4 PM on Saturdays and Sundays from May to September.
Other hours are by appointment with guide. Call the Lehigh County Historical Society at 610-435-4664 for tour information and scheduling.