Cedar View Apartments
- Must be a Lehigh County resident at the time of application and admission or have lived in Lehigh County more than half their life.
- Be 62 years of age or older and self-sufficient. If married, at least one spouse must be 62 years of age or older.
- Self-sufficient, disabled individuals (defined in Section 223 of the Social Security Act) are also considered for admission.
- Has an adjusted Gross Income/Asset Limit of $34,000 for a single adult and $42,000 for a couple.
- Income limitation is based upon Annual Income added to 10% of all assets over $5,000 or the income derived from those assets. Whichever amount is greater.
- All new tenants are required to be smoke-free.
Cedar View Apartments are operated by the County of Lehigh and are NOT subsidized by Federal or State funds.
Specific documentation must be provided for application. Once the necessary documentation is gathered, you must contact Cedar View Apartments at (610) 530-2906 to schedule an appointment for application.
Documentation needed for application:
- Social Security Benefit (copy of check or official notification from the Social Security Office). If the benefit is deposited into a bank account, a copy of the bank statement must be submitted.
- Pension Benefit (copy of check or stub).
- If employed, pay stub from several paychecks must be submitted.
- Verification of Annuities (current balance).
- Bank statement for all checking accounts. If the account is an interest-bearing account, interest rate must be included.
- Bank statement for all savings accounts. Interest rates being earned on each account must be included.
- Current balances on all CD’s (Certificate of Deposit accounts) and current interest rates.
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investment Statements. Current value and interest rates must be included.
- Current Property Tax Assessment bills.
- Latest Federal and/or State Tax return.
- IRA (Individual Retirement Account) statements and current rate of interest.
- Cash Surrender Value, if any, on all Life Insurance Policies.
- Documentation of ALL other income and assets.
All information submitted is to be utilized for the sole purpose of eligibility determination at Cedar View Apartments; County of Lehigh. All information will be kept in strictest confidence.