Discontinued 1/1/11 - Fishing License, Hunting License & Pistol Permits - Hunting
Annual Dog licenses will no longer be sold at the Lehigh County Government Center, 17 South Seventh Street, Room 119, Allentown, PA.. They may be purchased at one of the designated issuing agents. The license is valid only for the calendar year.
Dog License Application
(PA State Website - Not a Lehigh County Form. Please read the instructions on this page.)
The following information is needed when purchasing a dog license.
- Owners name, address and telephone number.
- Dog's name, age, breed, sex and color.
- Proof of age is required for Sr. Citizen (age 65 or older).
- A veterinarian's proof of neutering or spaying to take advantage of lower fees.
Dog licenses may be purchased at one of the following agents located within our community.
- Lehigh County Humane Society, 640 Dixon St. Allentown Pa.
- Pet Supplies Plus, 2433 Mac Arthur Road, Whitehall, PA,
- Family Pet Shop, Westgate Mall, Bethlehem, Pa.
- Paul's Hardware, 2821 Rt. 309, Orefield, Pa.
- Boyer's Hardware, 130 Main St., Slatington, Pa.
- E-G Notary Service, 925 Chestnut St., Emmaus, Pa.
- Buchin's Notary Service, 47 N. Walnut St., Macungie, Pa.
- Blose's Market, 7070 Rt 309, New Tripoli, Pa.
- Critter Corral, 201 N. Main St., Coopersburg, Pa.
- K-9 Kampus, 1855 Folk Rd., Fogelsville, Pa.
- Pet Supplies Plus, 1014 Union Blvd., Allentown, PA
Fees for regular dog licenses are as follows:
- $8.45 for male or female dogs.
- $6.45 for neutered or spayed dogs.
- $6.45 for Sr. Citizen male or female dogs.
- $4.45 for Sr. Citizen neutered or spayed dogs.
- $.50 additional charge if the license is purchased at one of our issuing agents.
A veterinarian's proof of spaying or neutering is required, and/or a senior citizens proof of age is required when purchasing a license for the lower fees.
Lifetime dog licenses are available if you are going to have the dog tattooed or implanted with a microchip. These Licenses may only be purchased at the County Fiscal Office in room 119 at the Government Center. A tattoo number is issued by the County fiscal Office at the time of application. Completion of a Permanent Identification Form is required by the veterinarian tattooing, implanting or scanning the microchip. This form must be returned to the County Treasurer within 30 days of a receipt. A dog is not legally licensed until a dog owner returns the completed certificate.
Fees for a lifetime dog license is as follows:
- $51.45 Male or female dogs.
- $31.45 Neutered or spayed dogs.
- $31.45 Sr. Citizen male or female dogs.
- $21.45 Sr. Citizen neutered or spayed dogs.
The County of Lehigh will no longer be an Agent for the PA. State Game Commission and the PA. Fish & Boat Commission. Licenses previously sold on their behalf will no longer be available in this office.
In addition this office will no longer sell licenses for Sportsman’s Firearms Permits.
Inquiries concerning the sale of these licenses should be made to the following: