Home Modification provides minor household repairs to maintain a person’s health and safety in the home. As needed, work includes the installation of handrails, bathroom safety devices, ramps and non-cosmetic repairs.
Eligibility is based on an individual’s income, assets and expenses. All requests are reviewed to determine feasibility. Sliding fee scale is used to establish the cost of service. A priority list is developed at the agency and job completion is based upon an individual’s need or circumstance.
Home Repairs Available to You for Only the Cost of the Material Used:
- Build wooden wheelchair ramps.
- Interior painting and exterior painting of living area (home).
- Repairing gutters and down spouts.
- Replacing glass in cracked or broken windows.
- Minor concrete work such as repairing steps and cracks in foundations with a bonding agent.
- Minor plumbing includes replacing faucets, washers, p-traps, and internal toilet parts.
- Repairing interior cracks or staining from leaks and then painting or paneling.
- Install door locks.
- Install sub-floors and 12x12 vinyl tiles.
- Install block ceilings.
- Small moving jobs.
- Install handrails and access devices.
- Replace rotten wood on outside porches or interior/exterior wooden steps.
- Coat roofs.
- Clean out and clean up cluttered homes.
The Home Modification Program is unable to provide electrical work and requires all homes to be free of roaches. If additional work is needed that is not listed here, please consult the Home Modification Supervisor by calling the Lehigh County Information and Referral Unit at (610) 782-3200 or email the Lehigh County Office of Aging and Adult Services at firstname.lastname@example.org