Aging and Home and Community-Based Waiver Services may be available to Pennsylvanians over the age of 60 to enable them to continue to live in their homes and communities with support and services.
To be eligible for the Aging Waiver, you must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be a U.S. citizen or a qualified Non-citizen
- Have a social security number
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Meet the required level of care for a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office
The following is a list of services available through the Aging Waiver that may be available to you:
- Adult Daily Living Services
- Community Transition Services
- Companion Services
- Counseling Services
- Environmental Modifications
- Financial Management Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Health Services
- Home Support Services
- Non-Medical Transportation Services
- Participant-Directed Goods and Services
- Participant-Directed Community Supports
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Care Services
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Respite Services
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
There is no cap on the services that Aging Waiver participants receive, no cost sharing and no contributions allowed.
In order to qualify for Aging Waiver services, you must meet the eligibility requirements. This includes a level of care assessment and a determination of financial eligibility. Interested consumers and/or family members can call the Lehigh County Information and Referral Unit at (610) 782-3200 to make a referral or request additional information.
The Department of Public Welfard has translated waiver documentation into the following languages: Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Cambodian and Chinese. If another language or interpreter is required, call 1-717-772-2525. Language assistance will be provided without charge.